Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beautiful Libraries

Flavorwire posted a list of the 25 Most Beautiful Public Libraries. (See link below.) I love finding lists such as this, although I don't always agree with the choices. In this case, they definitely found some beautiful libraries. Some of them are so white or stark that they make my eyes hurt. (Stuttgart, Germany and Lisses, France) Others, however, seem so inviting that I want to go sit there and read. (Stockholm) In some of them, I can't seem to see any books -- though it may just be the angle from which the photo was shot. The Norway and Bangkok libraries intrigue me, and I don't understand the Villanueva, Colombia picture.

Isn't it wonderful that the world values books and knowledge so much that they build these magnificent structures?

How about you? Which of these buildings appeals to you? Do you know a library that you would add to this list?

25 Most Beautiful Public Libraries

No comments:

Post a Comment