Friday, March 9, 2012

Free books

So, what to do with all those books you read and enjoyed but don't have room to keep? You could donate them to your local library or the Goodwill. You could haul a box down to your sister's house and leave them on her doorstep. You could even take them to your next book club meeting and share them with your fellow bookies. Or, you could install a Little Free Library in your front yard and share them with community -- not only a great way to pay it forward, but also a good way to meet your neighbors.


5 comments:

  1. What a super idea, sweet and whimsical and engaging. Looks like Maine is empty . . . hmmm, I might just revisit this concept when I relocate to Belfast (Maine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of these! Thanks for the info and I like your blog (pam53) one of your RP friends. Mine (blog) has never gotten off the ground as I don't know how to add pics etc. I wish I had a class to take on it.
    By the way-where is the California delta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam,

      So glad to see you here. I hope that you get a Little Free Library of you own set up. I never thought I’d be a blogger, but I'm really having fun. There's definitely a learning curve involved.

      The California Delta is "located roughly between Sacramento on the north and Stockton on the south and encompasses about 1,000 miles of waterways." I plan to write a post about it and I'll include a link where you can learn more about it.

      Delete
  3. Vicki, we are neighbors of sorts, since I live in Silicon Valley. You know me better as Rosefolly.

    I've frequently thought of blogging myself, but my various Gardenweb posts, book and gardening, seem to fill most of that need. Good luck to you with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosefolly - Thanks for visiting. I knew your were somewhere in the area. We should plan to meet for lunch somewhere in between sometime. I know you tried a get-together with other somewhat local RPers in the past, but the timing never worked for me. So maybe we can try that again.

    ReplyDelete